Multiple Websites

• Mark Fell
  • Mark Fell's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #108138 by Mark Fell
Multiple Websites was created by Mark Fell
Hello,

As a newbie to the wonderful world of K2, I have a question of course:

Is it possible, to have say 3 websites that are part of a "group" as an example. They are all hosted off the same server/hosting company. www.#1.com, www.#2,com, & www.#3.com.
Can I install K2 on all 3 server and yet have them talk to the same SQL Database(is that how K2 works) ?

Can I then have a category for each hostname (category www #1) and the K2 content module use the "select category" to display them ?

Or am I pushing the bounds of K2 and need some sort of k2 extensions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108139 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Multiple Websites
Hi. You need to understand first that K2 is not a stand-alone application. K2 is an extension for Joomla! . So first of all you need to decide how many Joomla! installations you are gonna have. Each Joomla! installation has it's own database. This is the database K2 uses.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mark Fell
  • Mark Fell's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #108140 by Mark Fell
Replied by Mark Fell on topic Re: Multiple Websites
Hi Lefteris,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I had sorta worked out that K2 is an extension and was really querying if I can push its functionality to do what I was asking.

I would like to host 3 copies of K2 on my server under 3 sites, #1.com, #2.com #3.com which would have 3 seperate SQL databases of course.

How do I get K2 on #1.com to read an Item say from #3.com K2 item database from a specific category?

is it at all possible ?

Thanks in advance
Mark