Keyword

Multiple Registration Forms

• Taylor P
  • Taylor P's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #108196 by Taylor P
Multiple Registration Forms was created by Taylor P
Its probably easier to explain my set-up and what I am attempting.

I have a music related website in which there are different types of users. For example;
Registered- Regular users who register so they can post comments, interact in forums, etc.
Musicians- This group is obviously music artists who have the ability to log-in, change and update their own items.
Venues- This is a business directory of concert venues. These users have the ability to log-in and update their items and update their concert calendars, etc.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to set up seperate registration forms for each group? Right now, I have to sort through the registrations and figure out who needs to go into which group and what their permissions will be (based on that group). Is there an easier way to manage this? Such as "Musicians Register Here" kind of thing and direct them. Once registered and approved, they are already assigned to that group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108197 by Marten
Replied by Marten on topic Re: Multiple Registration Forms
Hi,

Community Builder (commercial) and K2 should be compatible, although I do not have any experience with it. (I say "should", because there seem to be some problems with it)

An other commercial plugin "K2 Story" or "K2 Multiple Story" (joomlaextensions.co.in) could also be a good solution for you. I've great experience with the support. Only this plugin comes after regular registration so maybe this is not really what you need.

• Taylor P
  • Taylor P's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #108198 by Taylor P
Replied by Taylor P on topic Re: Multiple Registration Forms
Marten,
Thanks for the update. I've looked at Community Builder and have not decided if its the right solution. I've posted on their forums with no response.

One sort of solution I have come up with is using JSN UniForm (from the template guys at JoomlaShine). I've basically set up a form that imitates a registration form, and the user selects where they go. The drawback to this is I then have to enter the user manually (but know what group they go in). I wish there was an easier way to do this on the sign-up LOL.