Keyword

Subcategory views not following template

• Christy
  • Christy's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #108210 by Christy
Hello,

I am very new to k2, and no expert at Joomla for that matter. I am having trouble with the subcategories on my site.

This is what I get for my "blog" category, which is correct

Attachment not found

But this is what happens when you view the subcategory

Attachment not found

the main content is ignoring the side modules and not conforming to size.

and when you view the item, it's correct again.

Attachment not found

I have scoured the category and subcategory options for hours and can't seem to find what's going wrong.

Any help is MUCH appreciated.

*edit: fiebug shows this code <div class="itemContainer itemContainerLast" style="width:100.0%;"> for the correct layout, however, this isn't controlled by a css sheet as far as I can tell, but it's in the HTML panel. The incorrect view doesn't have the "style="width:100.0%". Can anyone give me an idea of which file to amend?

**edit: Issue seems corrected by adding width:100% to div.itemContainer {float:left; width:100%;}. Don't forget the % sign like I did, hours of headbanging. =) But if anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know. I'm still learning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108211 by Aerobyte
Replied by Aerobyte on topic Re: Subcategory views not following template
I am having the same issue. I am using Joomla 3.0 and the latest version of K2. I have been scouring through every setting on my categories and subcategories and everything seems to align up perfectly. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why the Category and Sub Categories are getting so messed up.

They are not following the settings that I am selecting.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108212 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Subcategory views not following template
Try the default template and determine if this is a template or a k2 issue

More
11 years 9 months ago #108213 by Aerobyte
I have rebuild some new categories from fresh and they are still not showing up correct. I have also un assigned the templates and re setting each setting individually and nothing is really changing on the site. It seems like a good product, I just with I can get it to work properly.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108214 by Aerobyte
It looks like I am making process, I basically rebuild every category. I do thing the "Inherit parameter options from category is working well, or perhaps I may not understand the logic behind it.

I have new questions. I have some Categories that have a couple levels of Sub Categories underneath them. When I display the page for the top level category I only want to see 1 level down of the sub category. Is there any way that you can rule those out?

More
11 years 9 months ago #108215 by william white
I am currently working on overrides that do just that - stop the subcategory display at some level. Contact me thru my profile if you want to chat

• Christy
  • Christy's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #108216 by Christy
Replied by Christy on topic Re: Subcategory views not following template
I had success by updating the k2.css stylesheet to size the width of my div.

I'd also tried rebuilding categories, but it didn't work until I changed the css for the div.itemContainer to 100%, however, I am using a responsive template which may contribute, rather than the default.

I am also interested in showing only category certain levels in k2 like you can in default joomla - is that what you're referring to?

More
11 years 9 months ago #108217 by william white
@CHRISTY I am setting the k2 view in an override to show subcategories only if you are viewing a single or certain selected categories. The drill down effect of the folders stops and you present the items in a module as you wish for that particular category, and the item view is below the list of items which is always persistant