Keyword

K2 and calendar

More
11 years 9 months ago #108276 by dave
K2 and calendar was created by dave
Hi

does anyone know of a calendar that can be used with K2?
I am looking for the capability of posting an item within K2 say for a concert in two months time and for this to be included in a site calendar. I presume this would require specific K2 extra fields to hold the date and time of the event.

There is a K2 calendar within K2 tools but this doesnt provide any flexibility (it cannot be configured). The only other one i have seen is Art Calendar but i dont see how this provides event scheduling from K2 items.

Im pretty impressed with K2 but an integrated calendar seems to be the one missing piece of the jigsaw which is surprising because i would have thought lots of sites would want an integrated events calendar - so maybe i have missed one that exists.

Any ideas anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108277 by Marten
Replied by Marten on topic Re: K2 and calendar
Hi,

I'm looking for the same!

Till now I only Art Calendar (Artetics.com - commercial) to be working with K2.
Although it's not the best solution I think. (the link structure is weird and it's kinda hard to understand)

If you find out another solution, please share,

More
11 years 9 months ago #108278 by Eric Lespagnon
Replied by Eric Lespagnon on topic Re: K2 and calendar
same for me.

I like the custom field with date ... but it would be great to make it useful in a calendar.

Still searching

More
11 years 9 months ago #108279 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Re: K2 and calendar
Play with Creation date and Start publishing date in K2 Items.

I just tested and you can have future date in Calendar. Item is offline/online depending of publishing date, not creation date.

If you find it not suitable for your website to not have Item date above make template override and in PHP file make Item to pull publishing date, and set allways publishing date as Creation date.

It is about to trick visitors, they dont know what is hapenning behind.