Keyword

Specified Categories for related articles

More
11 years 9 months ago #108424 by Hans
Hey all,

I want to have more control over related articles that are shown in an article.

I am creating a site about TV series. One of the things I want to create is a overview article for each tv show.

Within this article I want to display some related items. Like 5 latest news items on that tv show and 5 latest video's on that tv show.

How would I go about this? I am thinking either to make seperate categories or by the usage of tags. That's not the problem. The problem is specifying in an article how to show the 5 latest articles (links) for specific categorie or a specific tag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108425 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Specified Categories for related articles
I would try using modules anywhere from nonumber.nl and put a module in the item and choose the settings i want for the module

More
11 years 9 months ago #108426 by Hans
Hey William,

Thanks for the reply. I had considered that, but it seems the hard way of doing it. Wouldnt that mean I'd have to enable an endless amount of modules each with the specific settings I need for a specific article and then implementing them in those articles?

Wouldn't be my favorite option ;).

I'm assuming there isn't a plugin anyone would know of to the same result?

More
11 years 9 months ago #108427 by Hans
Ok so I have found a plugin that does exactly what I need doing called Extranews:

[url=http://http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/articles-display/related-items/4744]extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/articles-display/related-items/4744[/url]

Although there's no version for J25 it will still work and works on my testsite running J25.

Now as I understand it K2 would work with normal joomla plugin. However this plugin does not work with K2. Anyone know why? I have tried configuring the plugin based on meta keywords since I figure it doesnt recongnise K2 categories but no luck.

A plugin like this is so crucial to me I'd have to consider not using K2 and just getting the K2 functionality from other Joomla extensions.

Hoping very much someone can help me.