Keyword

32M memory limit in K2 ONLY?

• Hairy Dog Digital
  • Hairy Dog Digital's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #108443 by Hairy Dog Digital
32M memory limit in K2 ONLY? was created by Hairy Dog Digital
Hi all,

I am working on a site and having issues with K2 (v 2.5.7) item pages (in Joomla 2.5.6) intermittently presenting as blank empty pages.

When I check the server error log, I get the familiar, "PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted..."

The PHP memory on the server is set to 128M. I've confirmed this via a phpinfo() and via the Joomla back-end System Information.

When I look at the K2 system information in the backend it is reporting only 32M system memory.

I put a PHP statement of: echo ini_get('memory_limit') at the bottom of the site's template index.php page and at the bottom of the administrator/index.php page. On all components EXCEPT FOR K2, the statement output shows 128M. Whenever a K2 component is used -- either in the frontend or backend -- the statement output shows 32M.

I've been digging through all of the K2 coding (and the MySQL database) trying to find anything that may be causing this: .htaccess file, php.ini file, ini_set("memory_limit") in a php file. No luck.

Have anyone ever encountered this before? I'm scratching my head on this one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.