K2 comments form missing for registered users

• Andrew Paterson
  • Andrew Paterson's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #108574 by Andrew Paterson
K2 comments form missing for registered users was created by Andrew Paterson
Hi All

I'm running Joomla 2.5.8 with k2 2.6.2.

I have created a k2 user group called "test" and allowed it to post comments. I set it as the default k2 user group for new registrants.

Under Parameters> Comments I set both "Global setting for comments" and "Report comments" to "Enabled for registered users only".

When logged in as a registered Joomla user, the report comment links show up and the text "Login to post a comment" disappears, but the comments form doesn't show up.

The form does show for a user if I specifically go into the user in k2 and assign that user to the "test" K2 user group manually- but that's not practical.

The comments form shows fine if "Global setting for comments" is set to "Enabled to Everyone".

I've tried this on 2 separate sites, and the same thing happens with the default Joomla templates like Atomic.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #108575 by Mauricio Peraza
Replied by Mauricio Peraza on topic Re: K2 comments form missing for registered users
same thing is happening to me. Were you able to solve it?

More
11 years 8 months ago #108576 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 comments form missing for registered users
is your user a member of the k2user group as well as the joomla registared?

More
11 years 8 months ago #108577 by Mauricio Peraza
Replied by Mauricio Peraza on topic Re: K2 comments form missing for registered users
Hi William,

Yes it is. Users are registered for joomla and K2 users group. Just double checked it.

If you want to take a look, the URL is www.interludio.org/blog

At the beginning, I had the comments enabled for all users and I was experiencing the same problem: there was no place for the users to leave their comments.
When I found this forum post, I changed the K2 parameter to enable comments just to registered users (see attached image) just to check if something change, but it didn't.

Bottom line is, even though there is the option in the blog post "Leave a comment", there is no space for the users to write.

More
11 years 8 months ago #108578 by Jofeltje
My comments form only shows up if I choose "Everybody". It does not show up when I choose "Registered only". Weird!

More
11 years 8 months ago #108579 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 comments form missing for registered users
there is a css file labeled k2 #2.css or something like that
I will guess that your template has special styles and or overrides for k2 and they are at work.
switch category template to default template and test
switch template to default joomla template and test next