Keyword

Extra Fields - Date

• Mark Fell
  • Mark Fell's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #108764 by Mark Fell
Extra Fields - Date was created by Mark Fell
Hi Guys,

Still new to this K2 system, have mastered quite a lot in the short time, and have had some great responses to questions.

The one I have now is, I would like to be able to assign a multiple date range to an item in the extra fields.

I have used extra fields for other queries, but I would like to query a date range and have the item displayed if one of the dates are in the items date range.

Has anyone else tried this or got it working elsewhere, or used another method to view a date from a multiple date range.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #108765 by chilly_bang
Replied by chilly_bang on topic Re: Extra Fields - Date
you don't need extra fields for it: manipulate publishing and unpublishing date fields, on the right side of item editig form. you and your users have access to this fields and so you can manipulate publishing date range.

• Mark Fell
  • Mark Fell's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #108766 by Mark Fell
Replied by Mark Fell on topic Re: Extra Fields - Date
Chilly_Bang,

Thanks for the reply, but I no trying to hide the item with the publishing date,

I am however, push the bounds of K2 from what I have read. I am trying to have an item with say (3) dates in the CSV data extra field, as this is the only place I can find to store more than one date.

so say I have 2013-01-31, 2013-02-12,2013-02-14 in the field.

I want to be able to put a date range search in say 2013-01-24 to 2013-02-10 and have only the Item(s) with 2013-01-31 returned.

Is this possible, or I am pushing K2 to far ??

Thanks in advance,
Mark

More
11 years 8 months ago #108767 by chilly_bang
Replied by chilly_bang on topic Re: Extra Fields - Date
to establish a range search you must take a third part search module, will you? create 3 extra field "date", populate them from csv and do the range search with own query or third part module