Keyword

Using Tags

• David Lohan
  • David Lohan's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #108864 by David Lohan
Using Tags was created by David Lohan
My website uses FJ Related Blog Articles Component which achieves, to a limited extent, what I require. The site (www.PalermoProtocol.com) is dedicated to the issue of human trafficking and its victims. I can list articles (showing the first few words of some articles) based on a selection of keywords. This allows me to create, in effect, a database of articles for a particular term based on a number of keywords. Say, for example, I want to create an FJ Related menu item for articles that refer to the United Nation. I create the menu item, advising which, if any, category articles are to be used and I list the keywords to search for (eg. UN, U.N., UNHCR, UNODC, ILO, etc). Thus all UN articles are pulled together transparently.

There are, however, limitations. For example with the present configuration I cannot use ShareThis on individual items. Neither can readers comment on individual items.

I have tried to upgrade the website using K2 and had hoped that its tag functionality would allow me to do so. Alas I have spent countless hours and considerable money downloading components that proved to be of no use.

I have over 2500 articles, each with many meta keywords. Some keywords are synonmous with others, as explained above. If I migrate to K2 these will be imported as keywords. What I need then is either:

1. a replacement blog which can display all those articles which contain ANY of the specified keywords (eg. UN, U.N., UNHCR, UNODC, ILO, etc).

OR

2. a cloud which allows me to specify a tag (eg. UN) but which also allows me to create syonymns for that tag (eg. U.N., UNHCR, UNODC, ILO, etc).

OR

3. Some other suggestion

What intrigues is how many other people I have encountered who want something similar and how natural a progression just this kind of functionality ought to have been when tags were introduced, for they enable the link to be broken between categories and articles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David Lohan
  • David Lohan's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #108865 by David Lohan
Replied by David Lohan on topic Re: Using Tags
I've returned to this very subject after months awaty. It is clear that newer versions of K2 have become available, but that they still don't address the issues raised here. The same is true of extensions for K2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.