Keyword

K2 Layout from one site to another?

• Marcus T
  • Marcus T's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #108975 by Marcus T
K2 Layout from one site to another? was created by Marcus T
Greetings Community..
I'm looking for an efficient way to create the same layout that is in JXTC Agency template into another new site based on RT / Gantry..

Specifically, I want to create this "Model" profile layout in a new Rockettheme site project -
Sample - demo.joomlaxtc.com/agency17/index.php/female-models/item/48-sed-ut-perspiciatis-unde-omnis-iste-natus

I actually have a test version of the jxtc Agency quickstart setup in one of my hosting accounts and the new site I'm working on is live in (maint. mode) also...

So, will I have to set this up by hand, or can i accomplish the layout duplication by exporting and then importing DB tables?

I'm totally new to K2, and advise, feedback is really appreciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #108976 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Layout from one site to another?
That looks like a custom k2 override and you can probably copy it from one site to another, then do css changes to get it looking similar

• Marcus T
  • Marcus T's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #108977 by Marcus T
Replied by Marcus T on topic Re: K2 Layout from one site to another?
Thanks for responding @William.. I know your busy, but can you give me any idea on how to accomplish that? I have no idea on where to start...

I can see the back-end there is a Model category, then extra fields & field groups - then, in the "Select a Template" drop-down "jxtc_agency" is selected.. is that the actual template CSS it's pulling style / layout info from?

Can you point me in the right direction please?

More
11 years 8 months ago #108978 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Layout from one site to another?
getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/item/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

The selection of the which sub template to use for this category is made in the category settings