Keyword

Help

• Paul Parisi
  • Paul Parisi's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #109078 by Paul Parisi
Help was created by Paul Parisi
I have four topics that have had lots of views but no responses. How do I go about getting any direction on these issues. I have been at a stand still and have been waiting.

Please help!

Thanks,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109079 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Help

How do you create an alternate layout for a k2 menu item like category list?

You are most likely needing to do K2 templating, use category settings to choose template, and k2 menu categories to select the category. getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/item/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

I have a need to have a custom layout for a category menu.

I have the overrides in the html folder of my template and I removed the following from the category.php file:

<!-- Subcategory more... -->
<a class="subCategoryMore" href="<?php echo $subCategory->link; ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('K2_VIEW_ITEMS'); ?>
</a>

This works fine. However, I was thinking there must be a best practice to do this right. How would I create an alternate category layout for the menu item?

Thanks,
Paul.

You are doing correctly by using an override. Create multiple menu items. If you need to select a sub template for a category that has a template assigned please look at com_k2_content which has its own subtemplates and can be inserted just about anywhere with loadposition or more eaisly with modulesanhwhere by nonumber.nl

Lets say I have a category listing under a menu item named Category (to keep it simple). I can put a module on the Category menu item. However, when I click on one of the items listed, I am brought to a page displaying the article... how do I put a module on that page? There is no menu item for the page displaying the article. How can I force the article to display under a "menu" item?

Please use "item" to refer to k2 items and "article" to refer to j articles, and it wont be so confusing. You can put a k2 module in a j article which contains k2 items. I think what your wanting to do here is simply display one k2 item from a menu choice, if that is the case just use K2 item menu type .

I have not used the rating system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.