Keyword

change K2 item images path

• Amy Roberts
  • Amy Roberts's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #109196 by Amy Roberts
change K2 item images path was created by Amy Roberts
I was hoping someone could help me out. I have an odd setup. I have 4 domains/sites hosted on the same server all with separate Joomla/K2 installs. I am using MightySites component to share the user,content and K2 data from a "master" site to the 3 slaves. Believe it or not, this actually worked pretty well with one exception. The master has all of the images and so the slave items all show no images for their articles.

As a baindaid I made a quick scheduled task that copies the contents of /media/k2/items/cache to each of the 3 slave servers respective directories and it appears to work (im still wondering if it will break because of the cache part) but this site is expected to have a pretty substantial amount of pictures over time and that seems like a silly bandaid.

Anyway to change K2 to point to a directory outside of the sites directory so that all 4 sites could share one /media/k2/items/cache directory? We never post to the 3 slave sites.

Anyone have a better way?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109197 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: change K2 item images path
Try to get the actual string value of contents of this->item->image that is used to output the image in the template files and manipulate it there to point to the desired directory structure

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #109198 by Frank van Driel
Replied by Frank van Driel on topic Re: change K2 item images path
Amy! Did you already found an appropriate solution?

I've got exactly the same problem with MightySites!

Looking forward to your reply.