Keyword

K2 Story form not showing for Registered Users

• Steve Barclay
  • Steve Barclay's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109205 by Steve Barclay
K2 Story form not showing for Registered Users was created by Steve Barclay
Hi everyone!

I recently started using K2 on my site, and I love it. However, I purchased K2 Story for users to submit information. Everything installed correctly without any errors, and I set up a form to use with K2 Story. The form works for Administrators and me as the Super User, but for Registered Users, the only thing that shows is a white page with a bare-bones menu on the left-hand side. That is, the only thing displayed for registered users when the menu item leading to the form is clicked is a list of menu links with no CSS styling, no template, and no form. Why would a form display correctly for Administrators and above but nuke the template for registered users? Everything is set to Public in terms of permissions, and I've set and reset all the settings multiple times. I have a feeling it's something really simple, but so far a solution is eluding me. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109206 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Story form not showing for Registered Users
Test with the default joomla template first and see if it works and you have a template issue.
also, get the error reporting on highest in global settings-server tab - error reporting to see if he will tell you whats going on

• Steve Barclay
More
11 years 8 months ago #109207 by Steve Barclay
Replied by Steve Barclay on topic Re: K2 Story form not showing for Registered Users
Okay, that seems to be the problem. The form works perfectly in the default template. I'm using a Rockettheme template, so I'll post something on their forums as well to see if they have any ideas.

Thanks for suggesting that I try the default. Such a simple thing to do, but in my frustration, I probably never would've thought of trying it. lol!

• Steve Barclay
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109208 by Steve Barclay
Replied by Steve Barclay on topic Re: K2 Story form not showing for Registered Users
I seemed to have solved the problem by turning off the K2 User login form that was tucked into a dropdown menu on that page. But why would that module have any affect with the display of that page?

More
11 years 8 months ago #109209 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Story form not showing for Registered Users
did you turn it off completely or just for those pages affected?

• Steve Barclay
More
11 years 8 months ago #109210 by Steve Barclay
I turned it off only for the affected page. I still have the login form active on the front page, and if people click the Login menu item on the form itself, it takes them to a page where they can logout. It's not a perfect solution, but hey, the form works. :) Besides, when the form is finished, the module takes them to a submission thank you page where the login form is active again. I figure people won't be using the extra features available on the login dropdown module (such as the profile link, comment moderation, etc.) while filling out the form.