Keyword

Displaying K2 Extra Field Content In Module

More
11 years 8 months ago #109291 by Earl
I've managed to get this working in the item.php page here: detroitrevival.org/links/latest

However, when trying to get it to work in a module using the same code, I get the following error (here detroitrevival.org/links/test ):

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/totalinf/public_html/detroitrevival.org/modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl/Quotes/default.php on line 85

(The first line in the code below is line 85)

Here is the code that I am using in the default.php file here lines 83-98: /modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl/Quotes (please note that I created a sub-template):
<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemExtraFields') && count($this->item->extra_fields)): ?>
          <!-- Item extra fields -->
                <div class="mb-wrap mb-style-1">
                <div class="mb-thumb"></div>

<blockquote class="type<?php echo ucfirst($extraField->type); ?> group<?php echo $extraField->group; ?>">
                                                <p><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->k_quote->value ?> </p>
                                        </blockquote>
                    <div class="mb-attribution">
                                                <p class="mb-author"><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->q_author->value ?> </p>
                        <cite><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->q_citation_source->value ?></cite>
                                        </div>                        

</div>
            <div class="clr"></div>
          </div>
          <?php endif; ?>

What I am trying to do is display the latest content (1 item) from the 'Quote' K2 category, in a module (basically ONLY the extra fields display in a module). The content is entered in the Extra Fields in the K2 item.

I've tried the solutions mentioned in the following thread but I'm not having any luck.

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/161676-Display-specific-extra-field-in-module-position-

Thanks in advance for your wisdom :-)

Respectfully,
EJ Lear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.