Keyword

How to apply K2 styles to Joomla modules?

More
11 years 8 months ago #109400 by frost
Hi,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to apply the k2 styles that are in a joomla template to be used on Joomla articles/pages? What I mean is, I have a joomla template and within that its using the K2 component. There are some k2 items and categories that look great when clicking on the menu item that loads those, however there are other menu items that are standard joomla articles, weblinks, or other joomla driven modules that don't have the same styles applied as the k2 ones do.

I'm wondering how I can apply those k2 template styles to be used in the joomla driven articles and things.

thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109401 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How to apply K2 styles to Joomla modules?
This for the css people, tedious, grab the k2 styling from firebug, and try to adjust your templates default css to match it

More
11 years 8 months ago #109402 by frost
Yikes. And here I thought it would be simple. ;)

thanks.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109403 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How to apply K2 styles to Joomla modules?
it is simple, only not to me:)
You may find a template that has its own k2 support and they have already done the work for you,
post a link to your site if live and ill take a look

More
11 years 8 months ago #109404 by frost
Unfortunately it is still not in production. I could pm you the link for you to have a look if you would be able to help. I followed your suggestion with FB and found the css style that is applied in k2.

It was simple enough to change the div class to point at the k2 style, but that only helped with the background color. The print and email icons still showed the joomla standard and of course the date was missing as well.

You can see the examples in the images I posted. The k2 article also has a background of white within a k2Container which the other doesn't.
Attachments: