Keyword

Templating with K2 V2-2.6.3 and Joomla 3.02

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109409 by Tom
I want to use multi Templates with K2 and do some overrides in the k2.css.
I have copy default template to .../html/joomla/templates/my_template/html/com_k2/templates/blog/

/templates/generic.php... and others

I have rename the default to blog-.
The k2css to blog_style.css - in /blog/k2css to blog_style.css

I can choose the template blog in the Layout Options und the k2 category in joomla.

But nothing works.

I put choose k2 Css On/Off nothing-

Now the default k2 is enable and i have change the k2 Files.

The CSS4K2 plugin solution is not possible for Joomla 3.0

But there must be another way,to get it.-. :dry:

I hope you can help me.

Kind Regards Tom :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109410 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Templating with K2 V2-2.6.3 and Joomla 3.02
At the moment css4k2 i dont think is avail for j3.0 and above.
Try putting a copy of k2.css into YourTemplateName/css folder and edit it there to see if it works

More
11 years 8 months ago #109411 by Tom
Thank you for answering.

I have try it yesterday to copy the full k2.css , but it wont work :(
I use the meet gavern - gavick joomla template.

K.R Tom

More
11 years 8 months ago #109412 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Templating with K2 V2-2.6.3 and Joomla 3.02
Sometimes it takes some experimenting. Feel free to leave me a support request via the link in my profile if you like with access to the site

• Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
  • Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord's Avatar
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109413 by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
Replied by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord on topic Re: Templating with K2 V2-2.6.3 and Joomla 3.02
Hi all,

I'm using the same template (thx Gavick) and I'm experiencing the same problem.

I've followed the tutorial on templating
www.ostraining.com/courses/session/joomla-25/k2/advanced/templates?subcate_id=21,
but I don't get a link to CSS file (overridename_style.css) as I should.

The CSS4K2 plugin is given as Joomla 3 compatible.

I'm wondering if there isn't a template override on Gavick's side. Their templates are very complete but sometimes complicated.

If anyone has the answer, I'm needing those template overrides.

Thanks

P.S.: Just to be clear, when I look at Page source, I don't find a link to my css style sheet = Styles not overriding k2.css :(

PP.SS.: If you want to try, disable default css in K2 parameters. I did, but haven't seen a change yet...

• Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
  • Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord's Avatar
More
11 years 8 months ago #109414 by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
Replied by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord on topic Re: Templating with K2 V2-2.6.3 and Joomla 3.02
I haven't found a direct solution to the problem so I've come up with a workaround... I've noticed that K2 uses class="" but haven't seen id="", so I just add that to my php file & claim it in the k2.css file.

For example

Edit the php file in the template style you've created (in my case, its /www/templates/gk_creative/html/com_k2/templates/override/latest_item.php), find the div you want to change aspect and use id="override_latest_itemExtraFields" (THIS IS AN EXAMPLE! use your imagination for the id's value!).

Then, in the k2.css file (Mine is in /www/templates/gk_creative/css, but you may not have one in your template & then you'll have to go to the /component/com_k2/css/ folder to find it) , you can add declarations like this :
#override_latest_itemExtraFields {float:left; so forth & so on...... once again, the id's value is only for the example!!!}

At least the plugin allows us to load personalized php files per template folder we create.