Keyword

K2 installation fails, database tables not created

More
11 years 7 months ago #109514 by Jani
Hello,

When installing K2_v2.6.3.zip via Joomla Extension manager, the installation fails with error 500 SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM j_k2_categories. The problem is that MySQL tables are not being created with the installation script automatically.

I was able to complete the installation by manually creating tables from administrator/components/com_k2/install.mysql.sql file. I copied and edited the file with the right prefix for tables, ran the SQL commands manually from the command line and tried the installation again, tthis time it worked.

However, I'm not sure if the K2 extension works ok, because some tables might still be missing and/or it could be that some data is missing from the tables.

It seems to be a bug in K2 installation, because other joomla tables and other extensions has been installed fine with the extensions manager. I would like to hear if there is any fix for this, or alternatively a better error message from the K2 installer describing in detail why it's unable to create the tables would be nice. With joomla debug mode on it seems that K2 installer is not even trying to run "create table" statements before trying to access a table with SHOW FULL COLUMNS.

Best,
Jani

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.