Keyword

Browse Server Option

• Cheri Abraham
  • Cheri Abraham's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109536 by Cheri Abraham
Browse Server Option was created by Cheri Abraham
This topic was actually posted several months ago and there was never a response.

I would like to get rid of the browse server option that appears when you click on the "image button" as well as the link that appears to the "select a file on the server link" which appears when you click on attachment and then the add attachment button.

I do not want anyone to be able to access the joomla media manger which comes up when you hit browse server from the "image button" and "select a file on the server link" when you hit add attachment. Most everything in the joomla media manager aka browse server is admin stuff or private personal images.

I currently have simply put in a bad path for the media manager so that when someone kits browse serve from the "image button" or select file from the browser from the "add attachment button the browse server is showing an error. This means of protecting my media manager is also messing up the media manager on my back end.

How can you either get rid of the browse server button and select file from browser link or make it so people can only see what they have actually uploaded? I know some other programs have ways to do this using a pathcode because I use it on JUblog but for the life of me cant figure out how to do it with K2.

I love K2 and need to purchase some additional add ons for it but dont want to do it until I can figure out how to protect my joomla media manager.

PS it does show the folders locked however they are not really locked and I can see everything and use everything and even download the items in the joomla media manager even with a lock on them.

Your help would be greatly appreciated..........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 hours ago - 11 years 6 hours ago #109537 by Alex C.
Replied by Alex C. on topic Re: Browse Server Option
I am also trying to do this on the frontend add item form.

I have been able to remove the browser server options for the image tab, but i'm not able to do that for the attachments.

You can do the change in itemform.php, after you have created overrides (getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates)

for the image tab edit out:

<!-- <input type="button" value="<?php echo JText::_('K2_BROWSE_SERVER'); ?>" id="k2ImageBrowseServer" /> -->

More
10 years 10 months ago #109538 by Alex C.
Replied by Alex C. on topic Re: Browse Server Option
Where have you been able to change the path in the attachments section? I have not even been able to find where I can make such an edit, please advice and help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.