Keyword

How to disable content tab for frontend editing

• Josh Wilkinson
  • Josh Wilkinson's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109543 by Josh Wilkinson
How to disable content tab for frontend editing was created by Josh Wilkinson
When you click on "edit item" when you are in front end editing you can turn off everything but the content tab. I have tried modifying every file that i can think of with no luck. I know you can turn off everything for frontend editing in the global parameters in k2.

If you have a "Item edit form" as a menu item this will work because you can make templates for this, but the problem is if i want to edit an existing item on the site it still shows the content tab even if it is under this same template.

I know this is a weird request but i have certain pages where I am using nothing but k2 extra fields and not using the content tab at all and if a client clicks to edit that page it will confuse them to have the content tab showing when they do not need this.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated because i have searched everywhere and have not been able to find a solution to this.

thanks,

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Wilkinson
More
11 years 7 months ago #109544 by Josh Wilkinson
Replied by Josh Wilkinson on topic Re: How to disable content tab for frontend editing
I have figured out what is causing this for some reason no matter which category you are in even if you have a category and item override when you click on the "edit button" on the front end editing of the site on each page it uses the default template not the template you have set for that item/category

How do i fix this?

• Josh Wilkinson
More
11 years 6 months ago #109545 by Josh Wilkinson
Replied by Josh Wilkinson on topic Re: How to disable content tab for frontend editing
Does no one have a solution for this I have looked everywhere?