Keyword

Blank page after registration/ forgotten password

More
11 years 8 months ago #109609 by Anja
Hello togehter,

on my website www.yogamigo.de I use the K2 User Module for registration. After having filled out all fields and klicking on send the user sees the empty registration formular again (the registration works correctly, the user gets thet mail and can activaate his account). It´s a bit confusing because the user doesn´t know if his registration was successful. I would like to have a message like "Successful registration, an E-mail is send" after klicking on send...

Can you tell me whats wrong?

Another thing which doesn´t work is the forgotten pasword (nothing happens after putting in the E-Mail adress). Forgotten username works as it should...

It would be great if you could help me,
kind regards,
Anja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109610 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Blank page after registration/ forgotten password
Looking at the parameters for both joomla registration and k2 user module, i do not see a redirect after registration before the user has gotten the email from the system and activated their account.
Many other components handle this like community builder with plugins.
This post (at the bottom) forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2682797
addresses this issue in 2.5. I have not tested but think its what you need as the k2 login works with the joomla registration process

More
11 years 8 months ago #109611 by Anja
Hello William White,

thank you very much for the fast answer. I followed your link and tried the solution. I managed to install the plugin and change de default.php in my template. But now I do not know where to add the link where the redirect shall go to. I directly asked this question to the person who published the solution (forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=338593&p=2988006#p2988006) but probably you have an idea, too?

Now I still have the problem with the Forgotten password... Any idea how I can fix this?

Thank you very much,
kind regards,
Anja