Keyword

K2 Error: Trying to get property of non-object

• Kelly Langston
  • Kelly Langston's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #109655 by Kelly Langston
K2 Error: Trying to get property of non-object was created by Kelly Langston
I have a site that is throwing errors:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/kslangst/public_html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 58

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/kslangst/public_html/templates/jbhighline/html/com_k2/templates/common/item.php on line 112

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/kslangst/public_html/templates/jbhighline/html/com_k2/templates/common/item.php on line 112

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in
/home/kslangst/public_html/templates/jbhighline/html/com_k2/templates/common/item.php on line 116

I have contacted JoomlaBamboo, my template provider, and they suggested I contact the K2 forums.

Here is the link to show the errors:

www.shortstoriescafe.com/index.php/home/jb-span-short-story-genres-jb-span/romance/item/47-a-nice-trip

Can anyone help? The first thing I noticed is that the Article writer's name does not show. This happens when switching K2 templates as well.

I would REALLY appreciate any help here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kelly Langston
More
11 years 8 months ago #109656 by Kelly Langston
Replied by Kelly Langston on topic Re: K2 Error: Trying to get property of non-object
I turned off Error reporting, and the errors are gone, but there is no AUTHOR listed for the article...just "Written by...."

More
11 years 8 months ago #109657 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Error: Trying to get property of non-object
It looks like your problem is solved from this end, which setting did you discover that needed tweaking?

• Kelly Langston
More
11 years 8 months ago #109658 by Kelly Langston
Replied by Kelly Langston on topic Re: K2 Error: Trying to get property of non-object
There was a conflict with the Content - Community Builder Author plugin. I disabled that plugin and the error codes went away. I'm honestly not sure if I need that plugin yet or not.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109659 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Error: Trying to get property of non-object
Im notfamiliar with that plugin, but many times this will be the case.
Sometimes you can reorder the plugins and it will fix it if you have to keep the plugin.
You will know if time if you need it or not!