Keyword

Problem Front-End K2 - Add new article to category

• Luke64
  • Luke64's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109700 by Luke64
Hi, I have the following problem: in front-end by adding an item in a category, it does not appear as the default preset; attach more detailed images. It is a bug or a feature not provided? :(
It would be very useful to have this option, especially if you have many categories from which to select in the combo box.

Thanks

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109701 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Problem Front-End K2 - Add new article to category
You are seeing the default k2 behavior.
You might want to take a look at k2story which is a front end tool that may let you set a default category. I think you can find it in the extendk2 section above

• Luke64
  • Luke64's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #109702 by Luke64
Ok ... but then if this is the default behavior of K2 does not make much sense to write on the button next to the category in front-end "add an article to this category ', then that category is not already selected, and the user must seek alone menu from hundreds of categories. I think it would be a useful feature to be introduced in future versions of K2!

Thanks anyway for the answer; ;)

More
11 years 3 months ago #109703 by Roman Lipatov
Replied by Roman Lipatov on topic Re: Problem Front-End K2 - Add new article to category

William White wrote: You are seeing the default k2 behavior.
You might want to take a look at k2story which is a front end tool that may let you set a default category. I think you can find it in the extendk2 section above

It is not normal, when button labeled "add an article to this category" but user must manualy chose category.

This option must work without k2story or any third-party extensions.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #109704 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Problem Front-End K2 - Add new article to category
Actually to be fair the label just says category and the user select the category through a select box (which has a -select category value or the selected category value-) by default.

If you are seeing "add an article to this category then you are probably using a template or language override.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 3 months ago #109705 by Roman Lipatov
Replied by Roman Lipatov on topic Re: Problem Front-End K2 - Add new article to category
May be you right.
In spite of this, I believe that such trivial option should be to work in a component, that was downloaded over a million times without any hacks and third-party extensions.
What if site have 50-80 categories? :(

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #109706 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Problem Front-End K2 - Add new article to category
I see your point.

For these sites/cases you can preselect the category from your menu item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)