Keyword

This K2 forum needs a better structure

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #109771 by Matt
I always wondered why all questions are dumped in one forum ( New to K2? Ask here first!).

This forum needs more categories. A forum for templating K2, a forum for K2 extra fields, a forum for K2 extensions, a forum for K2 core hacks, a forum for K2 tutorials, a forum for first steps with K2, a forum for K2 SEO, a forum for development questions and each forum needs a seperate forum for SOLVED questions.

Fotis loves to speak about a "K2 community", but he doesn't put much effort into it. Without a proper forum there is no community. Without proper help from the devs, there is no community either. He doesn't listen what others say, ignores most issue reports and suggestions in the SVN, lives in his own "K2 is flawless" world, brags about sites using K2 and does his own thing.

K2 and Joomla deserve better than this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109772 by xaoc
if community and dev support suck, its good for forking and commercial service;)

i wait from today to tomorrow, till somewhere will a commercial K2-fork arise. 50 till 300 bucks a year, with good support and quick reaction on users questions wishes and problems. I have heard, that can be russians, who will fork it. Then original K2 will very quickly die. And i will quickly forget about the original.

Cause such situation as now let K2 don't use for commercial purposes and for importent project, which must earn money.

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #109773 by Matt
Actually I played with the thought of opening a new SVN with a better K2 myself, but I'm not sure if I have enough time to maintain it.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109774 by Cindie Gilbert
Replied by Cindie Gilbert on topic Re: This K2 forum needs a better structure
Probably the bigger reason for not doing it is because users tend to hit the first topic on the board without thought of their topic. Makes for lots of work for Mods having to move stuff around. If you expand the forum it still needs to be simple but helpful.

My only gripe is the search feature on forums I think it is crap. A lot of times I get no search results even though the topic should have several. I even had a few searches that my words were left off because the engine did not think they was important. The crazy thing was I only put two words in the search box.

Interesting topic though because I am in the process of looking for a forum to install. So many choices! :side: