Keyword

Images resizing to bigger than original

More
11 years 8 months ago #109793 by JP
Hi Everyone,

Looking for a little advice. I am not sure if this is a common issue ... but here it is.

We started to use the intro image tab in the media section of the k2 item but now it is automatically resizing all of the images. In fact its resizing images to be larger than the original image so we are getting pixilation and lower quality large images.

Does anyone know if you can stop the automatic resizing to respect the original file size or even turn it off?

Thanks in advance. Help would be appreciated.

JP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #109794 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Images resizing to bigger than original
there are two places to control the image size when k2 resizes the item images
K2 dashboard Options
and
Category image settings
You can only specify the width
It is best to format all your images before attaching them to k2 items
You will need to reattach a new image to current items for new settings to take effect on current items

More
11 years 8 months ago #109795 by JP
Hi William,

Thanks for the response.

We resize our images before loading them onto the website. What I would like is it to keep them at the original size rather than have them automatically adjusted by the k2 media manager. Is there a way within k2 too set the sizing of images to 'original size' or so that it does not make adjustments at all?

I don't like how all images placed in the intro image part of the media tab are by default changed to 600px wide (horizontal and vertical photos!)

Thanks for the thoughts

JP

More
11 years 8 months ago #109796 by gatindra
Replied by gatindra on topic Re: Images resizing to bigger than original
hi, jp
i hav been using k2 for monts. i think k2 cant fulfil ur desire directly, but u can control the image size(width) from parameters of k2 centrally or from category>image setting for individual category.