Keyword

Trouble with Metadata displaying correctly

• Kelly Langston
  • Kelly Langston's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #109800 by Kelly Langston
Trouble with Metadata displaying correctly was created by Kelly Langston
Hello, I have a strange issue:

I am having difficulties getting my K2 item Metadata info to refresh. For example, if I copy a K2 item, change both the TITLE of the item and the ALIAS and the article content, then add its own metadata info into Metadata Information area....When I promote that item on the web (for example, Facebook) the metadata title shows "COPY OF (K2 Item title)"

I have cleared the cache, reentered the Title Alias (no instance of "Copy of" appears) and even checked the source code to see where "COPY OF" is appearing. It's not there.

The metadata information for both the category and the menus are not set....just the item itself.

In other words, it seems I can't get the old metadata information to flush out.

Any ideas how I can make this happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #109801 by Andy
Hello Kelly. Have you managed to find a solution to this? I simply changed the TITLE and ALIAS of an existing item, changed its date, but it keeps the old alias. Terrible for social media integration. Cleared every cache I could find.
Regards

More
11 years 6 months ago #109802 by Mary Stremmel
Replied by Mary Stremmel on topic Re: Trouble with Metadata displaying correctly
Facebook picks up the server cache, I have the same problem with Facebook, you just have to let the new data cache on the server... my host says they don't cache data but that is not true because it happens all the time but only with Facebook and Facebook is only grabbing the data not creating it so it can not be because of Facebook.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #109803 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Trouble with Metadata displaying correctly
Hello to all,

Andy most of the time it is not K2's, Joomla!'s or your server's fault.
Facebook and other networks cache your URLs on their end so there is little you can do in that case.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)