Keyword

K2 Tools Module Custom Code PHP Bug

• Simone Dutt
  • Simone Dutt's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #109891 by Simone Dutt
K2 Tools Module Custom Code PHP Bug was created by Simone Dutt
I am using K2 v2.6.3 with Joomla v2.5.8

The K2 Tools module with Custom Code functionality using the Parse PHP option causes a folder-related Joomla error. When the Parse PHP setting is used, the Joomla page on which the module appears generates the Joomla error "JFolder:create:Infinite loop detected", which occurs when a folder is not accessible (because it doesn't exist or has the wrong permissions).

When I look at the helper.php file, I can see that a temp file is written to a folder called mod_k2_tools in the Joomla cache folder, the contents are then output and the temp file is then deleted.

If I manually create an empty folder called mod_k2_tools in the Joomla cache folder, the Joomla error disappears (because it can find the folder referred to in the helper file).

However, if I open the module again and make a change to the custom code, when I save it, the whole mod_k2_tools folder disappears from the cache folder and the Joomla error returns because the folder is missing again.

How can I stop the helper file from deleting the folder, not just the temp file so that Joomla does not generate the Infinite loop error?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.