Keyword

K2 2.6.5 SEF Problem

• Massoud
  • Massoud's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #109991 by Massoud
K2 2.6.5 SEF Problem was created by Massoud
I've upgraded to K2 2.6.5 on Joomla 2.5 and read below tips and start making Hidden Menu and the make Menu Item Type of K2 Categories, then selected all categories and set show for alies, but nothing happen and still duplicated problem is persist, would you please help us to make it happen

In the blog post for K2 v2.6.4 I also described a way to avoid duplicate URL creation for users, tags, search and date listings. In K2 v2.6.5 we've made this process even simpler. All you need to do is simply create a new menu in Joomla! (call it "Hidden" as it won't be directly called from any module) and in there create a K2 menu item pointing to all categories. Give this menu item a nice alias, e.g. "show" (as we also do here on getk2.org). If you do this, K2 is now able to "assign" this menu item as "root" for all such "menu orphan" K2 content such as tags, users, search and date listings. We call this content "menu orphan" because they are K2 pages created from links present on K2 categories and items (the backbone of K2 content) and don't necessarily have to exist under some Joomla! menu. Of course you can create direct menu links to select users or tags, but it's simply impossible to do that for all tags and users in a site. So by using this "trick", even if you don't have any other menu item pointing to K2 content in your site, you can rest assured all K2 content URLs will begin with this menu alias you've set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #109992 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 2.6.5 SEF Problem
I have not tested this new feature, i wonder if there is a problem with a cache of urls in your site. You do not mention wether or not you use 404sef

More
11 years 7 months ago #109993 by LUXE HIGH
Replied by LUXE HIGH on topic Re: K2 2.6.5 SEF Problem
Hi Mate,

Have you found any solution for this problem. ?

Thanks

• Massoud
  • Massoud's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #109994 by Massoud
Replied by Massoud on topic Re: K2 2.6.5 SEF Problem
This was caused because the K2 SEF was not enabled, but the new problem is when I enabled the K2 SEF all of the /item/ in my urls will be removed and the cause huge number of broken link, so is there any way to redirect all of old urls to new ones or add /item/ to sef enable urls?

• Alfonso F. Moreno
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #109995 by Alfonso F. Moreno