Keyword

Locked folders - Browse server, frontend uploading

More
11 years 7 months ago #110020 by Arien
Hello All,

We are setting up profiles on our site for bloggers to make posts. We want them to upload to specific folders using the "browse server" option in the frontend. Unfortunately, when I click on this option, all of the icons for folders and images have a lock on them. I wouldn't mind this as long as I could still upload images, but I can't. All of the buttons are grayed out except for the info, about this software, sort, and icons view buttons.

(See attached image)

I tried changing the permissions to some folders to 777, but it didn't do anything so I put them back. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I only found one thread with this same issue, but of course the OP didn't reply beyond his first post.

I'm using Joomla! v2.5.8 and k2 v2.6.2.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 days ago #110021 by Matt Megyesi
Any news on this? I am having the same issue.

More
11 years 3 days ago #110022 by Arien
I ended up finding out that this was intentional and had to do with security reasons. We ended up telling our bloggers to stay away from the image tab, and use the image icon in the JCE editor we installed.

Can't remember how well that actually worked though because the bloggers kept copying and pasting their drafts from MS Word into the editor (which retained formatting for each sentence as a span tag), so we ended up needing to create them all in the back-end anyway.

Good luck.

More
11 years 2 days ago #110023 by Matt Megyesi
Is this security measure put in place by the K2 component?

More
11 years 2 days ago #110024 by Arien
Yes I'm pretty sure it was/is.