Keyword

Content Types

• John Fowler
  • John Fowler's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110050 by John Fowler
Content Types was created by John Fowler
I am new to Joomla and K2. Previously I have worked with Drupal. With Drupal I could create custom content types; which I could populate with fields.

Example - Create a movie review content type. Add fields to it such as movie title, description, and image etc.

I could them put it on a menu, so that users (with permission) could create their own movie reviews. Having these custom content types allowed me to control the input of the content so that each movie review would be the same format.

I am not seeing how I can do something similar with K2.

Can you help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #110051 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Re: Content Types
A little bit old topic, but...

You cant, it is impossible with Joomla. Unless you have a academic degree in programming, and are at the same skill level as Joomla core developers.
It goes fine for simple tasks, but soon or later you will need a field that you cannot have without heavy coding new code.

You can make a lot with joomla, but what took you 10 minutes - 2 hours with Drupal to achieve, it will take you days and weeks of tweaking with Joomla, searching at Google, forums, and asking plugin/extension developers to fix something. And waiting, waiting, then hiding all that dont work 100% in Joomla, make workarounds till developer make new function, or fix something.

And i dont blame developers of plugins/extensions, i blame Joomla core developers.

Whole Joomla philosophy is lets get more egoistic than other developers, we are competing about money from prenumerations. This is the only way, in J you cannot have extensions that easy communicate with each other either.

All the whistles under many years, all fight to death between J core developers, end guess what, WE GET FUC**** option to upload Intro image (and Article image separate). And guess what, FUCK**** Intro image doesnt have resize option, make it at your desktop and upload.

I am so, so stupid i lose any more time with this shit. So many years spent on it and you never feel you advanced. Days and days go at fixing basic things.

Joomla is most egoistic community of all CMS, and i regret it was my first CMS. Last time i wonder often why i am afraid to move to Drupal completely, and just forger about Joomla.

Joomla is completely shit. Even Wordpress is now more powerful, and takes you less time. Drupal is the future.

Sorry for offtopic, but i had to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.