Advance SEF Setting Bug was created by LUXE HIGH
Dear team,

I am using version 2.6.5,
I am getting 404 error for Item OLD URL as follow
luxehighlife.com/new/jewellery/item/357-top-10-engagement-rings
This is URL which is showing Error 404
luxehighlife.com/new/jewellery/top-10-engagement-rings
This is URL which is showing by using advance settings

It will be great risk for URLs already indexed in google with OLD url after applying new setting become 404 Error Google webmaster tool will cause an error, also all traffic will lose.

It is possible as we did for tags and user url below explained for URL's ALSO ?

I successfully done as discussed in blog below

In the blog post for K2 v2.6.4 I also described a way to avoid duplicate URL creation for users, tags, search and date listings. In K2 v2.6.5 we've made this process even simpler. All you need to do is simply create a new menu in Joomla! (call it "Hidden" as it won't be directly called from any module) and in there create a K2 menu item pointing to all categories. Give this menu item a nice alias, e.g. "show" (as we also do here on getk2.org). If you do this, K2 is now able to "assign" this menu item as "root" for all such "menu orphan" K2 content such as tags, users, search and date listings. We call this content "menu orphan" because they are K2 pages created from links present on K2 categories and items (the backbone of K2 content) and don't necessarily have to exist under some Joomla! menu. Of course you can create direct menu links to select users or tags, but it's simply impossible to do that for all tags and users in a site. So by using this "trick", even if you don't have any other menu item pointing to K2 content in your site, you can rest assured all K2 content URLs will begin with this menu alias you've set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110080 by xaoc
Replied by xaoc on topic Re: Advance SEF Setting Bug
  • don't upgrade production site.
  • if upgrade: do it on your own risc.
  • if something went wrong, do 301 redirects from old to new urls.
  • don't wait any serious help from this community - nobody has time to help you. all the time of all users, which could be spended for helping, is exhausted for filling captchas befor posting and for waiting of the anti-flooding gap. say thanks to forum owners.
  • think about it and if you haven't good help or much knowledge, don't use k2 for production. if something goes wrong, you fail.
ps: learn russian;)

• Alfonso F. Moreno
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #110081 by Alfonso F. Moreno