Keyword

Develop Existing Website with K2

• Sean Brady
  • Sean Brady's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110109 by Sean Brady
Develop Existing Website with K2 was created by Sean Brady
I wish to inquire as to whether or not an existing website can be developed further using K2 or is the software intended solely for a brand new site?

My current webiste is dedicated to Texan country music artist Gene Watson and can be found at www.gene-watson.com

Regards,
Sean Brady

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110110 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Develop Existing Website with K2
Hi Sean,
I pretty sure K2 can be used quite happily alongside your existing site, which is really cool by the way, you could import your joomla content into K2 but it looks good the way it is, what were you thinking of using k2 for exactly ?

• Sean Brady
More
11 years 7 months ago #110111 by Sean Brady
Replied by Sean Brady on topic Re: Develop Existing Website with K2
Peter

Thank you for your reply and for stating that you are pretty sure K2 can be used quite happily alongside my existing site.

Thank you for your comment with regard to www.gene-watson.com

My Gene Watson-dedicated website has been online since September 2004 when I developed it initially with Microsoft Frontpage and then Microsoft Expression Web 1.

In late September 2011, I decided to try out Joomla! and successfully launched the present version of the site in April 2012, following months of moving content over.

Thank you for also stating that I could import my joomla content into K2, but that you feel that it looks good the way it is.

With regard to your question, Peter, as to what was I thinking of using k2 for exactly, I'm not 100% sure.

I 'stumbled' upon K2 and thought that it might help me out with my website, where I still have a number of photo galleries, along with archived news from April 2006 onwards, to add.

Regards,
Sean

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110112 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Develop Existing Website with K2
Hi again Sean
One of the best advantages with K2 is it makes it very easy to standardize the look of articles / items & with the addition of SIG-Pro (paid) & AllVideo plugins which let you easily add Image Galleries, Movies & Audio, another good feature is the extrafields which saves time & again helps to create a consistent look.

I would suggest duplicating your existing site on a sub-domain & have a play around. Just remember to edit the robots file so it doesn't get indexed by google ect.

• Sean Brady
More
11 years 7 months ago #110113 by Sean Brady
Replied by Sean Brady on topic Re: Develop Existing Website with K2
Peter

Thank you for letting me know that one of the best advantages with K2 is that it makes it very easy to standardize the look of articles / items and, with the addition of SIG-Pro (paid) and AllVideo plugins, which let you easily add Image Galleries, Movies & Audio, another good feature is the extra fields which saves time & again helps to create a consistent look.

I might attempt what you suggested: duplicate my existing site on a sub-domain and have a play-around with K2. I will remember to edit the robots file so it doesn't get indexed by Google.

Regards,
Sean