Keyword

Many issues

• ivanprats
  • ivanprats's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110124 by ivanprats
Many issues was created by ivanprats
First of all, regards to everyone, and specialy those who try to help me with my doubts.

Starting with the questions i have;

- For example, i create a new ITEM (article), i put it on a category, and let it there, after, i create a new menu item, with "category k2" type, which shows all items in a category. Then, i click there, and there is a few things that i dont like and i'd like to change;

* Top of the article, something (white background) with change size options, and "be first to comment", things like that, i'd like to CHANGE background to TRANSPARENT and modify font of text.

* Delete the "published in CATEGORY" and the profile below also, i dont want to share who have written the article, i just want to show a list of that items in the category.

* Remove also the "Lastest from USER", i mean, i want a list of "news" or something like this, but k2 is not only showing the article, also the profile of who made the article (super user), and which category belongs, and other content published of SUPERUSER and i dont want to show that.

* Also if possible, i'd know how to remove the "MEDIA" URL that is shown at the bottom, i mean, i inserted an img to the header of this item (K2 Image), but at the bottom shows a url inside a new block.

* At the lowest part of the page, it also shows, "more of this category", want to delete this also.

Overall, i want just to show the ARTICLE, the IMAGE, and thats all, no who made it, neither what time was created, neither more content, neither what category, nothing, just Article, title, and image.

Where can i edit this?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110125 by snlr
Replied by snlr on topic Re: Many issues
Hi,

all of this except for the background issue is covered by settings in K2.

Go to /administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=categories and select the category your items are in. On the right hand side are multiple accordeon like lists to drop down. Go through all the settings until your category looks like you want. It might take a while, and involves an insane amount of clicking.

To change the settings for more than one category, there are some global settings in "Parameters" (admin --> extend --> K2):
/administrator/index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_k2&path=&tmpl=component

Alternatively, you can make one category look like you want, and have other categories copy their setting from that one category. It's a drop down menu in the settings of each category.

For the background stuff you will make changes to the CSS (of the template you chose for the frontend) which is also described in the docs.

• ivanprats
  • ivanprats's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110126 by ivanprats
Replied by ivanprats on topic Re: Many issues
I didnt mean the place where you see the initial info, for example, when you put 4-5 items, and you click on the menu to go at this category list, you can see the config you said, but when you click into one of that articles, for example "read more"... it shows everything i said, not simplified as before, somehow ignores the category config and shows everything i blocked there.

PD: What about the background colors?, for example, the category header, is blue + white background, that is defined on the template of the website?, not on any css of the component?.

PD: Ok solved, sorry i didn't see that there is thousand of:

Category item layout
Category view options
Item image options
Item view options in category listings
Item view options
etc...

The article layout is configurable at "Item view options.

What about the CSS?, the backgrounds?

More
11 years 7 months ago #110127 by snlr
Replied by snlr on topic Re: Many issues
Install a template, then edit /templates/name-of-your-template/css/template.css

Other than that, your only chance is to find a template that already looks like you want. As far as I know. Or maybe a plugin.