Keyword

K2 User Login - double view

• Peter Johnson
  • Peter Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110235 by Peter Johnson
K2 User Login - double view was created by Peter Johnson
I have recently started using the K2 User module. When someone clicks on a restricted area I now get an ugly badly formatted 2nd login view appearing under 'You need to login first' in the centre of screen. This did not happen when I used the normal Joomla login module. How do I switch it off in K2?
Any ideas?

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110236 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 User Login - double view
What do you want to happen when a user clicks on a restricted area?
You could set the menu items that they are clicking not to show unless they are logged in
or
You could format the page by editing its source or css and change the look and or message.
The message could most likely be changed in the language files. If you hid the rest with css, there would be the normal user login on the right and a different message

• Peter Johnson
  • Peter Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110237 by Peter Johnson
Replied by Peter Johnson on topic Re: K2 User Login - double view
I would like it to perform more or less like the Joomla Login module i.e. without the ugly second group of floating login fields under the "you need to login first" notice. One login box in the RH side is quite adequate (on my site this is called 'member's area'). There is no need for two. Besides the name on the 2nd login button is misspelt or at least is inconsistent with the spelling of 'login' elsewhere. Anyway it looks messy.