Keyword

User registration conflict - Service Unavailable

• Anders
  • Anders's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110257 by Anders
Today I spent the day trying to solve a problem with user registration. I did not notice this problem until I put the site live because it was working on local server.

Simply I wanted to register a new user from a login module and the result was this message:

Page Could Not Be Loaded

We're very sorry, but the page could not be loaded properly. This should be fixed very soon, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Debug Info:

Response: Service Unavailable
XID: 316945260

First I checked the "Allow User Registration" which was set to yes.
Then I tried both the K2 user module and joomla login module but the result was the same.
When turning on the debugging mode the problem disappeared and the registration page was shown.

I went back to an old backup with joomla 2.5.4 (from 2.5.9) + K2 v2.5.7 but the result was the same.
Finally after some other tests I disabled acymailing, K2 store and K2 and now the joomla registration was working. I then isolated the problem to K2 and it was enough to turn on the System-K2 plugin to trigger the problem and all other K2 modules disabled.

Maybe I have missed something basic, my only guess at the moment is that certain joomla modules must be disabled in order to use K2 user and vice versa. I did some trials of this without success.

I hope there is a simple solution for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anders
  • Anders's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110258 by Anders
One step forward.

In the K2 parameters -> Advanced setting -> parameter "Enable K2 User Profile" was set to yes.
If this is set to no the joomla registration page is working.

This means that there should be some requirement for using K2 user registration in order for this to work properly.

Anybody that knows?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.