Keyword

Responsive Columns in Category View?

• Ninth World Creations
  • Ninth World Creations's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110281 by Ninth World Creations
Responsive Columns in Category View? was created by Ninth World Creations
Hi everyone!

So I have to admit, I'm a bit stuck on this one. I use K2 on almost every site I create, but the only drawback I've found is category view columns getting squished when viewed on small devices with a responsive template from Artisteer.

I purchased Zenkit from Joomlabamboo, however, this caused a few other issues when adding it to my template and now the image alts are missing. So I went back to just trying to modify the default k2 template.

Any ideas on how to setup columns better?

Im still using the zenkit on my current project that you can view what I'm trying to achieve in the long run.

Sample Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110282 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Responsive Columns in Category View?
i would test the newer templates from jbamboo that are made to work with zentools without a hitch

• Ninth World Creations
More
11 years 7 months ago #110283 by Ninth World Creations
Replied by Ninth World Creations on topic Re: Responsive Columns in Category View?
Problem is I need to be able to use Artisteer for the template per the clients request, so Im back to creating my own overrides to the k2 default. :pinch:

More
11 years 7 months ago #110284 by Mary Stremmel
Replied by Mary Stremmel on topic Re: Responsive Columns in Category View?
make another version of the same template with the name mobile. make the layouts just for phones and then use a mobile plugins to switch only phones to that version of the template. this works for me even with responsive templates when the modules are not responsive, I just create a different view of the modules.

• Ninth World Creations
More
11 years 7 months ago #110285 by Ninth World Creations
Replied by Ninth World Creations on topic Re: Responsive Columns in Category View?
The mobile template will work fine, however its not possible to pick a different category sub-template for mobile views... you only get one option... I've attempted this with Mobile Joomla as well as a few others, but still no solution. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who is running into problems with K2's columns not being responsive? I'd have thought this would be a common request these days, haha

More
11 years 7 months ago #110286 by turrikan
Replied by turrikan on topic Re: Responsive Columns in Category View?
Perhaps I have a solution. this is the example:
I have 3 columns in the normal layout, and i want 1 column in mobile layout.
You have to put in your mobile css:

.itemContainer{

width:100% !important;
}

ok? Tell me if is the solution for your problem..

bye

• Ninth World Creations
More
11 years 7 months ago #110287 by Ninth World Creations
omg that did it!!! I've been struggling with this for months now! Thank you soooooooo much!

In artisteer, you have to add the .responsive to the beginning of your new rule, but it worked!!! Now I can use K2 for just about everything! haha

Thanks again Turrikan!

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #110288 by STEPHAN HERBY
Replied by STEPHAN HERBY on topic Re: Responsive Columns in Category View?
Hi Brandon, Hi Turrikan,
Thanks a lot for asking that question cause i needed on severals website ! So that's great... The only things is :
This is my first test and it works with my category on 4 col down to 1 on mobile device. But I have another category wich is on 2 col and stay so on mobile device. Have any idea to down it on 1 col ?