Keyword

I can't add or edit K2 item in frontend

• Loupida
  • Loupida's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110330 by Loupida
Hi there,

I use k2 component for a long time and it suits me. However All versions of K2 above 2.5.7 go wrong and i don't understand why.

Currently, i use k2 2.6.5 on joomla 2.5.8 in locahost. Everything is ok in backend ; but in frontend by trying to add an item, some options get off : i can't load extra fields even if i've firstly selected a category having an extra fields group assigned, i'm always receiving message telling me to select a category to display extra fields ; tablets don't load as well, when i click over them, i head to the bottom where i see tablet contents (media, download, image ...) , the tool bar at right position is blocked.

It looks like javascript issues, so i've tried to puzzle it out in configuration of K2 component changing jquery options but it's always petering out. As i said, editing k2 item in frontend with 2.5.7 version works very well, but i contemplate moving to joomla 3.0 and wanna take advantage of k2 2.6.5 features like required fieds.

Help please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110331 by Josh Yavelberg
Replied by Josh Yavelberg on topic Re: I can't add or edit K2 item in frontend
I'm having the same issues on the front end and was able to fix it with an install of K2_SVN.zip but that worked temporarily and now it is not functioning again on the front end when I choose categories. I have been searching around to no avail for an answer.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110332 by Daniel Hristov
Replied by Daniel Hristov on topic Re: I can't add or edit K2 item in frontend
If you disable the SEF URLs from global parameters everithing will work like charm!

More
11 years 7 months ago #110333 by Josh Yavelberg
Replied by Josh Yavelberg on topic Re: I can't add or edit K2 item in frontend
Thanks for that. I reinstalled it again, deleted all my cookies and history and it seemed to start working again. I will keep your suggestion in mind for the future though as that may definately had something to do with it.

More
10 years 6 months ago #110334 by Walid
hi,
in some templates the modal window causes some issues..
for me was because the bootstrap 3 modal.

try changing the modal class to other and it will work..

for example:
this is the original link in item.php:
<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">

this is my override:
<a class="btn btn-primary modal-link" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">

;)