Keyword

Adding other modules to generated content page

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110397 by Tony
Can anybody please tell me how to add other modules to the generated content page as I am using it as a latest news page. I know Joomla quite well, I think and I know how to add a module to a Joomla page via a set menu, but I can't figure how to do it with the content page, even though I created a menu for it. I'm pulling my hair out so any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110398 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Adding other modules to generated content page
try addind {loadposition module_location} to the html of your item, then in the module you want to display - change the location to a unique one eg module_location.. You should also check in plugins to make sure the Content - Load Modules plugin is set to published..

More
11 years 7 months ago #110399 by Eduardo
What kind of menu item are you creating and how are you linking it ? A K2 item, internal url, categories ?

More
11 years 7 months ago #110400 by Tony
A K2 Item.

Thanks

More
11 years 7 months ago #110401 by Tony
Peter thanks for that information. This is not what I wanted to do. I still want a module in tke K" items page however I want the module on either left or right side of the page just like the other joomla pages. Is this still possible using the loadposition variable?

Thanks

More
11 years 7 months ago #110402 by Eduardo
Using loadposition you can load within items ( k2 or joomla articles ) or within custom HTML.

If you want modules besides your k2 component - are these module positions already set up ? Have you declared these modules in your template details and template index, and have you styled them in css ?

More
11 years 7 months ago #110403 by Tony
Hi Eduardo,
These modules are already set up and declared in the index.php template and they are styled too. When you normally assign a module to a page it is easy in Joomla, but I cannot seem to figure it out for a K2 Item. I also added a menu link to that K2 Item and assigned a module to that menu link, but still no success. The rest of Joomla module assignments are fine. Ideally a want a module assigned on the left hand side of the K2 Item, just like all the other Joomla pages. I'm pulling my hair out figuring this one out, I need some help pretty badly.

Eduardo wrote: Using loadposition you can load within items ( k2 or joomla articles ) or within custom HTML.

If you want modules besides your k2 component - are these module positions already set up ? Have you declared these modules in your template details and template index, and have you styled them in css ?

More
11 years 7 months ago #110404 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Adding other modules to generated content page
Hi Tony,

In my experience, If you create a K2 menu item, you should have no problem assigning a module to it, but you can't assign a module to menu alias, also if you create a K2 Category you can assign modules to the Category Page, but if you click on a item from that category page the module doesn't load for the item.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110405 by Tony
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help and information. This is also the same for my experience with Joomla as I've never had a problem adding modules to pages. However I found the problem was with using sh404SEF for Joomla, which is a pain. I deleted the K2 item URL in the sh404SEF database and now I am able to add modules to the K2 item. I'm not familiar with sh404SEF and I have to admit I won't be using that again as I inherited the component from a previous web designer and I am now stuck with it.

Thanks,
Tony.