Keyword

K2.css edits not showing

• CherylV
  • CherylV's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110470 by CherylV
K2.css edits not showing was created by CherylV
Hi,

I'm losing my mind here and need some help.

I just updated from version 2.5.7 to 2.6.5. Under 2.5.7, I had successfully been able to make site-wide changes to CSS by putting updated files in components/com_k2/css. After the upgrade and making conforming edits in the new k2.css file, copying my (now edited) k2.css into that same folder has no effect on the site.

An example would be trying to remove the 'zebra' background stripes on a k2 content module. I've specified "background:none !important" in k2.css, though the background continues to show. When I look with Firebug, it shows "background: none", from k2.css -- yet when I click on that line the background actually disappears. I had also made other changes in the css file for this module, none of which are reflected. You can see an example in the "recent recipes" module on my home page: www.freedible.com.

I have also tried doing this the *right* way as I understand it (putting the k2.css file in /templates/MYTEMPLATE/css), also to no avail. I am using RocketTheme's Metropolis template if that makes a difference, and likewise I tried to follow the steps for implementing this on a per-category basis using k24css -- but that didn't work either. Any ideas what I'm missing???

Thanks very much,
Cheryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110471 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2.css edits not showing
try changing
http://www.freedible.com./templates/rt_metropolis/css-compiled/thirdparty-k2.css

More
11 years 3 months ago #110472 by Luke Nimtzmeyer
Replied by Luke Nimtzmeyer on topic Re: K2.css edits not showing
I was having problems overriding /templates/rt_TEMPLATE/css-compiled/thirdparty-k2.css, but you don't want to edit that file as it is compiled from /templates/rt_TEMPLATE/less/thirdparty-k2.less. I was able to make the changes I wanted by editing that LESS file.