Keyword

Multiple override CSS files loading at once

• Mirjana Phillips
  • Mirjana Phillips's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110481 by Mirjana Phillips
Multiple override CSS files loading at once was created by Mirjana Phillips
I am using K2 2.6.5 as well as Joomla 2.5.9. I have two custom templates named "blog" and "company". Bulk of my pages use "company" template and about 5 subcategories use the "blog" template.

I copied /components/com_k2/templates/default folder to /templates/my_template/html/com_k2. I made two copies and labeled one blog and the other company. In each folder, respectively I copied k2.css and labeled them blog_style.css and company_style.css.

In about 80% of the cases this works just fine. On some random pages though, both blog_style.css and company_style.css load at the same time! I checked everything I could think of to figure out why that is happening on some of the articles. I moved the articles to a different category, created new test articles, quadruple checked all of the settings I could think of (including menu links).

What would cause both override style sheets to load? It doesn't make sense. Any suggestions are welcome. I have lost so many hours tracking this down that I am getting really desperate. I can't go live with the site where some pages will just look wrong - randomly - just because...

I did try turning the use default css in global parameters on and off. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Categories are assigned to the correct layout.

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110482 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Multiple override CSS files loading at once

I copied /components/com_k2/templates/default folder to /templates/my_template/html/com_k2.

You should use /templates/YourTemplate/html/com_k2/templates to copy the default folder into and rename it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.