Keyword

Hide categories with no permission when submitting

• Henrik Brogaard Pedersen
  • Henrik Brogaard Pedersen's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110502 by Henrik Brogaard Pedersen
Hide categories with no permission when submitting was created by Henrik Brogaard Pedersen
I read the documentation on how to let the users submit content to a website.
The document I'm referring to is this: Allowing Users to submit content

My question is, is it possible to hide the categories the user isn’t allowed to post in when submitting an article in the front-end.
I know that they cannot post in them, but I don't what my users to see these categories.

I have attached a screenshot, to show what I mean.

This is a Danish site, so all the text is also in Danish. But you can still see what I am talking about.
The gray text is categories the users can’t create articles in and the black text is the ones they have permission to use.

The gray text is the categories I want to hide, from users that don’t have permission.
I want to add, that I have other user groups with different permissions and categories to post in.

I am not saying that my staff and users of my site is stupid, However, some of you know as well as I, that not all people are familiar with computers and internet and is easily confused by such things.
Therefor the simpler the better.

Hope that someone can help me making my site more user-friendly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110503 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Hide categories with no permission when submitting
try
Create a rule in your css file that will stop the display of disabled category's

#catid option:disabled {
display:none;

More
11 years 7 months ago #110504 by Henrik Brogaard Pedersen
Replied by Henrik Brogaard Pedersen on topic Re: Hide categories with no permission when submitting
Thank you.

I would guess that it is the K2 CSS file in my templates folder.
I will check it out later today and report back

More
11 years 7 months ago #110505 by Henrik Brogaard Pedersen
Replied by Henrik Brogaard Pedersen on topic Re: Hide categories with no permission when submitting
I just iinserted the code in the css file k2.frontend.css and everything works fine.
Thank you so much for your help.

More
11 years 4 months ago #110506 by Elisabeth Bertrand
Replied by Elisabeth Bertrand on topic Re: Hide categories with no permission when submitting
Hi there,

I just want to add to this. I've found the disabling of the catid does work in css at least for Firefox.
In Chrome there is an issue because the menu does not drop down well, in fact it really only shows the first item. If you want to see the other cat items you can scroll but they arent really visible.

How would I change this?

See the attached file.

Thanks,
Elisabeth

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 months ago #110507 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: Hide categories with no permission when submitting
Hy,

tested on Mac/Windows: Safari/Chrome/Firefox. CSS display:none of disabled Cat's works only in Firefox. I changed CSS in /administrator/media/k2/assets/css/ as well as in media/k2/assets/css/ - no difference.

Greetings
Franz