Keyword

cannot add images to an existing gallery

• Sander Van de Moortel
  • Sander Van de Moortel's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110514 by Sander Van de Moortel
cannot add images to an existing gallery was created by Sander Van de Moortel
Hello

I've been searching for this but maybe I haven't used the right keywords because I cannot find a solution.

On my website, I cannot add images to the gallery. If I do, they automatically replace the existing gallery, even though I have not checked the checkbox "check this if you want to delete image gallery or if you want to upload an image replacing the existing gallery".

Has this been a bug in a previous version of K2? I'm probably not using the latest version and I'm reluctant to upgrade because the client doesn't want to.

Regards,

Sander

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110515 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: cannot add images to an existing gallery
Hi Sander,

Have you tried opening the items gallery folder with K2's Media Manager the folder is named the same as the items #id, you can then upload a image directly to the existing gallery, you might have to ad the image to the text file also.

• Sander Van de Moortel
More
11 years 7 months ago #110516 by Sander Van de Moortel
Replied by Sander Van de Moortel on topic Re: cannot add images to an existing gallery
Hi Peter

Thank you for your help. Unforunately, there is no Media Manager for K2 in this Joomla installation. Only a Media Manager for the Joomla base. Or is that the one I'm supposed to use? I don't find the images though.

Regards,

Sander

More
11 years 7 months ago #110517 by Peter Grube
Hi Sander,

I am pretty sure all K2 versions have it's own Media Manager, check in backend components / k2 should be on the list.

I did forget to mention one thing though, for some reason the K2 Media Manager inherits its file location structure from the default Joomla Media Manager.

So open the Default Joomla Media Manager / Options
you will see the following warning text.

Changing the default 'path to files folder' to another folder than default 'images' may break your links.
The 'path to images' folder has to be the same or to a subfolder of 'path to files'.

What I recommend is copying your existing images folder to media / k2
then change the file paths
Path to files folder = media/k2
Path to images folde = media/k2/images

In that way you wont' lose any existing links.

Then if you open the K2 Media Manager you will see your Items images folder / galleries folder etc.

• Sander Van de Moortel
More
11 years 7 months ago #110518 by Sander Van de Moortel
Replied by Sander Van de Moortel on topic Re: cannot add images to an existing gallery
Hi Peter

Thanks for your continued help, I really much appreciate it. However, I still cannot find the K2 media manager. I've attached a screenshot of the K2 control panel as it shows up on my website.

It seems to have fallen through somehow, is there a way to reach it other than by clicking the button (link)?

Perhaps I'll have to upgrade K2 anyway..

Sander
Attachments:

More
11 years 7 months ago #110519 by Peter Grube
Hi Sander,

What version Joomla & K2 are you using, I am not sure if K2 for Joomla 3.0 has it's own media manager.
But I am pretty sure 1.5 & 2.5 Joomla versions do.

• Sander Van de Moortel
More
11 years 7 months ago #110520 by Sander Van de Moortel
Hey Peter

I'm using 2.3 for Joomla 1.5. I've tried upgrading but I cannot (could not copy the file, even though all directories show up as writable in System info).

The weirdest thing is that there is a checkbox in the image gallery thingy, that, when checked should replace/delete the gallery. But I do not check that checkbox, so you expect it to add pictures rather than replace, right?

Regards,

Sander

More
11 years 7 months ago #110521 by Peter Grube
Hi Sander,

I understand your thinking sounds logical, but all it means is that you can either upload a completely new gallery which will overwrite your existing gallery or delete your existing gallery.

You can access the galleries folder via the joomla media manager, if you change the files paths I mentioned earlier, you can upload new images but you can't edit the labels text files, have you thought of upgrading to joomla 2.5 or 3.0 ?

• Sander Van de Moortel
More
11 years 7 months ago #110522 by Sander Van de Moortel
Hi Peter,

I upgraded K2 to the newer version 2.6 after much fiddling with permissions and such, and now there is a media manager.

Thanks for your all your help!

Best regards,

Sander

• Sander Van de Moortel
More
11 years 7 months ago #110523 by Sander Van de Moortel
Oops - there is now a media manager but the stories where I've just added an image gallery to do not show up. I cannot find these images is what I mean.