Keyword

cannot add images to an existing gallery

• Sander Van de Moortel
  • Sander Van de Moortel's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110524 by Sander Van de Moortel
Replied by Sander Van de Moortel on topic Re: cannot add images to an existing gallery
I'm stupid. Forgot to change the file path of course. Yes now I find them, but I cannot possibly tell the website's content managers (who are absolutely computer-illiterate) to figure out the id, then go to the corresponding map and upload some more files into it.

Can you confirm that the Image Gallery option in a K2 Item exhibits the same behaviour on your end? I mean is this feature really built that galleries cannot easily be completed with more images?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110525 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: cannot add images to an existing gallery
Hi Sander,

On my end there is only 3 options Upload a zip file, add a Flickr set & delete existing gallery, maybe the Flickr set is the easiest option for your customer.

• Sander Van de Moortel
More
11 years 7 months ago #110526 by Sander Van de Moortel
Replied by Sander Van de Moortel on topic Re: cannot add images to an existing gallery
Yes, here too. But I mean is the behaviour the same that, when you try to add a single picture to an existing gallery, only the photo added at the end remains? The existing gallery is replaced or overwritten by it.

Does this also happen in other versions of Joomla/K2? Maybe I'll have to dive into the code :/

S

More
11 years 7 months ago #110527 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: cannot add images to an existing gallery
I don't think it's a code thing that can be fixed, it's how they have designed Sigpro to work, The only upload field is intended for galleries that's why it only recognises zip files not image files. If your good with coding maybe you could integrate another joomla gallery plugin such as Phoca Gallery, but it would be a lot of work.

• Sander Van de Moortel
More
11 years 7 months ago #110528 by Sander Van de Moortel
Although I find that a serious shortcoming of the software and it makes the checkbox below very ambiguous, I'm happy that it's not just at my end. I'm relatively good at coding but I would hate to dig through Joomla's quite extensive directory structure to find the responsible piece of code.

Again, thanks for all the information!

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110529 by Inceptive
Replied by Inceptive on topic Re: cannot add images to an existing gallery
You should give a try to Inceptive Image Gallery for K2, which works out of the box with K2 items and provides an easy way to add image gallery to K2 items.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/22293

Kind regards.