Keyword

K2 doesn't work properly and doesn't fit my theme

• Marcus Harris
  • Marcus Harris's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110572 by Marcus Harris
Hi - i purchased this and have asked for help about this topic before and nobody has helped me or answered my questions. where do i go to get help please?

K2 does not look good with my theme ans some of the items do not work, such as page zoom, print etc. odd colour lines and boxes do not fit my theme. how can this be fixed please?

webiste is www.plantlife.me

Marcus Harris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110573 by Peter Grube
Hi Marcus,

In regards to features not working zoom - print etc. You need to enable them in either the K2 Category if you want the same settings for every Item in that category, or you can create individual settings for every Item.

For example for the link you provided, In Item view options you would set Font resizer = Show & Print button = Show.

I am not sure what lines & boxes you are referring to but most things can be changed by adjusting the CSS.

• Marcus Harris
More
11 years 7 months ago #110574 by Marcus Harris
Replied by Marcus Harris on topic Re: K2 doesn't work properly and doesn't fit my theme
Thanks for the reply.

The boxes im taling about are the boxes that are white or cream. my site is supposed to be black-brown only, k2 styling does not match my theme. and i do not know css. i want the functions but not the colours. it has to match my original site colours as mentioned above.

how can this be rectified?

also the boxes are enables, the font resizer doesn't work at all.

Marcus

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110575 by Peter Grube
Hi Marcus,

If it's the white / cream background surrounding - More in this category: Useful Links » (at the bottom of page) you will need to either
1/ Add

• Marcus Harris
More
11 years 7 months ago #110576 by Marcus Harris
Replied by Marcus Harris on topic Re: K2 doesn't work properly and doesn't fit my theme
Hello. and thanks again.

I have no idea how to do that. which is a shame as when i brought it it said it is compatible with my theme and its obviously not. It hasn't taken my theme setting automatically.

I have also noticed, the rate it button has a tick in side the star. that also shouldn't be there.

Isn't anyone able to help me with this? if not im going to have to revert back to Joomla original file system which is a shame.

Many thanks

Marcus

More
11 years 7 months ago #110577 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 doesn't work properly and doesn't fit my theme
@marcus many templates that support k2 have k2 overrides, and custom k2 css files.
some do not. if you have exhausted support with the template maker, see my profile and send me an email