Keyword

Get category_item. vars before category.php calls

• Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
  • Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110605 by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
Get category_item. vars before category.php calls was created by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
Hi all,

I'm trying to get category.php to load items, filtered by certain variables that I've retreived from extrafields in category_item.php.

I need to get those variables from category_item.php BEFORE category.php loads category_item.php.

Or maybe category_item.php only gets information when category.php loads it ? (would be too late for me then !)

If this isn't possible, maybe I can modify the file that filters categories to add extra parameters in the filter loop... but which file should I modify ?

To be precise, I've got venue dates in extrafeilds, and would like to filter by category and venue dates. I've already got those dates showing in items & category items, as well as in latest items. I'd like to know how to get the categories filterd by date.

Any help on this would be well appreciated (I'm new to K2 btw...)

P.S.: Site (work in progress) : www.culturedordogne.com/index.php/actualite-culturel/latest

You'll see dates, then click on category... got dates there too, but how can I filter.

UP ! Need to know if I'm barking up the wrong tree...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.