Image and Frontend issue

• Kochimaru
  • Kochimaru's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110633 by Kochimaru
Image and Frontend issue was created by Kochimaru
Hey all,

First off, hello everyone. My name is Kochimaru and i'm currently
running a website for a gaming community.

It's my first time using Joomla and using K2. I do love the system, but I
ended up with some issue's.
I hope I can solve this issue with your help.
Much appreciated in advance.

{Image Issue}
I've got an issue with image resizing, even though the image is smaller then
re-size value's in the setting it still re-sizes it. So my 90x90 becomes 900x900 etc etc.
It didn't use to do this but I have no clue where it is changed to such, that it re-sizes images
to larger then original.

Re-sized images do not show up in the normal folder anymore either. Which is rather mysterious.

By using JCE Editor I can bypass this. Issue resolved.

Second: {Front end Issue}

On this image you see 2 highlighted area's. (Circle: I was just being stupid this is solved :unsure: )
In the block area you can see the "Save-Close" buttons. Which
originally was located on the right side. How do I fix this?

I've got another issue with that box that pops up, where you edit or create an article.
When pressing close it doesn't close the box anymore, instead it loads up
the website in that box instead. So I'm looking for a fix for that as well.

I know I asked quite some questions in 1 post, but I didn't want to create a separate post
for every single one of them.

Regards,
~Kochi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110634 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Image and Frontend issue
Hi Kochimaru,

First it's helpful when posting a question to detail what K2 & Joomla versions you are using. I am using K2 2.6.5 & jOOMLA 2.5.9.

I experienced a similar problem in that the front end editor was not closing properly, after reading a similar post in this forum this was solved by adjusting jQuery library handling to (load V 1.8.2 local copy) in K2 / Parameters / Layout & Views / CSS & JavaScript Settings.

I not sure about the button location issue, but that's probably related to the issue above.

{Image Issue}
I've got an issue with image resizing, even though the image is smaller then
re-size value's in the setting it still re-sizes it. So my 90x90 becomes 900x900 etc etc.
It didn't use to do this but I have no clue where it is changed to such, that it re-sizes images
to larger then original.

Re-sized images do not show up in the normal folder anymore either. Which is rather mysterious.

By using JCE Editor I can bypass this. Issue resolved.

It's good you got this solved, but I thought it a good idea to remind you that when you adjust the image settings in either Parameters or in individual categories it only applies the changes to any new images that you upload all existing images retain the old settings (you need to re-upload existing images) if you want your new image settings to be applied.

• Kochimaru
  • Kochimaru's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110635 by Kochimaru
Replied by Kochimaru on topic Re: Image and Frontend issue
Hey Peter,

Heh, Yeah sorry forgot about that.
I'm using Joomla Version 2.5.9 and the latest K2 v2.6.5.

I already tried to load a different jQuery. But for some reason this does not solve the issue.
No matter which i pick they all do the same thing.
Another thing that might give a clue to what is causing this is: I have to press save in order for the
issue to show up. If I do not save and just press the close button nothing happens at all.
Of course I could just press the cross but I found it much better when i had a fresh copy.
There when I pressed close it would refresh the page.

As for your answer on the image, I know I can set the sizes for different categories. But
I do not wan the image to be resized if the picture is already small in the first place.
When I actually changed to size in the K2 Parameters it also changed the size of the picture on the article.
So for some reason that seems to be linked and reuploading has no use.
But I'll just use JCE editor instead, cause this way people can just upload their stuff easier and resize
themselfs when they need to.