Keyword

Where "Display by tag..." Tag pages are save in DB

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #110666 by andy
Hello, I need please you help related to a data base saving issue.

short history: I just finish a major update and cleaning one of my site and concentrate especially on duplicate content; in this case I used a very good seo component ( rsseo ) which give me the possibility to edit and access individual Tag pages and other non backend accessible pages.

So I edit more that 1000 Tag pages manually...each with unique title and descriptions, I checked randomly a lot of this pages and the new Title and meta description is saved and display correctly, my own metas are there, so page is saved and display well.
My problem is now that I would like to save separately that part of data base to prevent future overwrites or update overrides, etc...I spend several hours looking for this tables in data base and can't find nothing except the Tag listing table.

I am looking for the " Display Items by Tag...." pages; do you have any idea where I could find them in data base? under what table or component?.. Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #110667 by Webitx
I also need to know this feature.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #110668 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Where "Display by tag..." Tag pages are save in DB
Hello,

These are not pages, these are generated from the tags taxonomy.
If its any help to you:

#__k2_tags -> Holds the tags
#__k2_items -> Holds the items
#__k2_tags_xref ->Holds the mapping between tags and items

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #110669 by andy
hey, is been some time now since I originally post this but thanks anyhow; practically than there is no way to control or to save this work other other than a third extension maybe can help....

Another issue derivate from here and causing major duplicate issues in my case is how can one control the Tag terms to stay or hold only on the assigned Item ? For example me after some weeks thinking that I solved the Tag duplicate issue editing each page independently with unique metas sudenly I have hundresds of new Tag duplicate pages because the Tag is just migrating and autogenerating new url paths using Items or k2 menu items that doesnt have anything to do with that particular Tag.
For example:

/original_1st_alias/itemlist/tag/sara Tag1.html
/2nd_alias /itemlist/tag/sara Tag1.html
/3th_alias /itemlist/tag/sara Tag1.html

How could we stop to auto generate this url paths? Other than just not indexing the Tag pages?
txs,

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #110670 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Where "Display by tag..." Tag pages are save in DB
If you have properly set up your menus you might want to have a look at this getk2.org/blog/1169-k2-v265-released getk2.org/blog/1169-k2-v265-released .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #110671 by andy
I did review before this post and at first look I thought the problems were sort out but as said after some weeks the duplicates start to appear. I made the hidden menu and activate some new future in the Seo and tag options screen, I couldnt enable them all because of the warning:

"Enabling this option will modify all K2 URLs making them more SEO friendly. However this option will add a significant performance hit for websites with more than a few hundred K2 items in them. Use with caution. This option is disabled by default. "

My website has thousands of pages and this new k2 settings were made recently and as I understood the changes only apply to new items.

Anyhow the problem is not that one item has different menu items and the duplicate can appear there, no, every item or category has unique menu path, the duplicates are only with the Tag terms , this tag terms are not assigned at all to that Item...