Keyword

Image Link

• Iulian-Florentin Anghelescu
  • Iulian-Florentin Anghelescu's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #110697 by Iulian-Florentin Anghelescu
Image Link was created by Iulian-Florentin Anghelescu
So...
I have nivo_slider installed with k2, and it slides items from a category.
I created the slides (k2 items) with content and image.
1. I want the image in the slider to be linked to its item page (for example on an offer to go to that link) ...can I link the images? HOW? at the image tab all I get is Browse, Caption, Credits and Preview...no alt text no link nothing...this is also bad for SEO.

2. How do I show some text on top of that image with a click-able read more link (if I show intro text its not selectable, click-able and same for read more link)

I have bought this template via template monster and then found out its build around k2...if I knew that it comes with incomplete and limited features of this extension I would have avoided buying it ...to enable social plugins I need to buy more stuff from you guys...cheeky monkeys!

Here is my site for an example : www.poshbeauty.ro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110698 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Image Link
Hi Iulian,
Although K2 does have it's limitions, it's still probably the best extension for joomla & it's free, basically the only extra needed to buy is the Gallery plugin, the Social Media is free.

When you add an image with the image Tab it adds the alt text (name of the item) automaticaly.
The problem is that nivo_slider doesn't render the links properly, which is hardly a K2 issue. Have you tried adding images using the the editor & adding the link & alt text your self ? or contacting template monster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.