Keyword

Drilldown Accounts to Contacts from SugarCRM

• Zebra Systems, Inc.
  • Zebra Systems, Inc.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #111194 by Zebra Systems, Inc.
Drilldown Accounts to Contacts from SugarCRM was created by Zebra Systems, Inc.
I have an export from SugarCRM.with about 400 Accounts with a dozen text fields, and 600 Contacts also with about a dozen text fields

I am new to K2. I just purchased "Import K2" from www.individual-it.net/en/Joomla/ and easily imported the accounts into K2 items using the extended fields. I really like the extended fields and all my data is text.

Each account has one or two contacts. I could import the accounts into a different K2 category with itsextended fields but I don't know how to relate the accounts to it's parent contact in a drill-down fashion.

I'd like to display the accounts sorted by continent, country, or city name, and then be able to link from any of the accounts down to display the contacts that belong to that account.

Incidentally, I only need to display and possibly search the data in Joomla, all the data entry would be refreshed weekly from a SugarCRM export.

Can I do this in K2? Is the only heirarchy in K2 categories - and categories don't have extended field's do they? I'd really like to become proficient in K2.

Help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #111195 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Drilldown Accounts to Contacts from SugarCRM
I would relate the contacts to the accounts using categories
then take a look at the k2 filter and search here to see if it would woek for you
joomcar.net/

• Zebra Systems, Inc.
  • Zebra Systems, Inc.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #111196 by Zebra Systems, Inc.
Replied by Zebra Systems, Inc. on topic Re: Drilldown Accounts to Contacts from SugarCRM
I think you mean by "relate" to create K2 category for each Account and have the account information and the contacts information as items in the category and have extended fields for both accounts and contacts in each item, then use K2 filter to display only account or contact information.

I have to think about this a bit.

Thanks.

More
11 years 6 months ago #111197 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Drilldown Accounts to Contacts from SugarCRM
I think you can have drill down using categories and subcategories, You could put customers in countrys, etc... but you cannot use xtra fileds for that..i would use the filter for the xtra fields searching