Keyword

Need help moving to new template

More
11 years 6 months ago #111245 by SD
I asked this the other day and haven't got any help to this, anyone that can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Working on a deadline to have completed in 2 weeks.

I currently have a site with around 9000+ articles, with images, users, categories, tags, etc. currently on a Joomla 2.5 K2 website and looking to move everything to a new site template running J 2.5 with K2.

What is the best was to move over all the articles, images, users, categories, to the new template?

I would just add the template to my current install, but the new template is vastly different as it's a responsive site, with different framework, and plugins to run the site. I already have the quick install up and running and have everything setup, I just need to move the information to the new install.

Thanks for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #111246 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Need help moving to new template
Hello,

I would personally try creating a new fresh install of Joomla! and K2, then install my new template and finally
migrate the users and the K2 related tables.

This way you will ensure that any unnecessary plugins are not installed but you might have to redo your menu mapping and redo all your modules.

I think on the log run a clean fresh install is more maintainable and is worth your time.

Regards

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #111247 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re: Need help moving to new template

S. Wilson wrote: I

I currently have a site with around 9000+ articles, with images, users, categories, tags, etc. currently on a Joomla 2.5 K2 website and looking to move everything to a new site template running J 2.5 with K2.

What is the best was to move over all the articles, images, users, categories, to the new template?

I used a tool called CMS2CMS , it can move all of the above items to K2, and without much interfering on your side. I am very satisfied, but mind that it's commercial.