Keyword

Possible bug in k2 user module

• Knut Erik Mehus
  • Knut Erik Mehus's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #111277 by Knut Erik Mehus
Possible bug in k2 user module was created by Knut Erik Mehus
Using Joomla 2.5.9, k2 2.6.5 and multi language. I can't get reCaptcha to work with registering a new account. The frase " The words has to match (in local language)" shows, but not the reCaptcha form itself.

Does k2 has its own reCaptcha plugin, or is it using the global one. I tried to enable, disable Joomla plug in without any luck. Only way I can get a user account registration is selecting "No" in k2 options on using captcha on registration form.

Is there a "right way" of configuring this to make it work? Could JCE editor settings or some other component conflict in any way?

Edit: I found the problem to be jQuery and some incompatibility with either k2 or recaptcha. I was trying to load 1.9.x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #111278 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Possible bug in k2 user module
which version worked properly?

• Knut Erik Mehus
More
11 years 6 months ago #111279 by Knut Erik Mehus
Replied by Knut Erik Mehus on topic Re: Possible bug in k2 user module
Sorry, but I have been away for a few days. Using Firebug I can see jQuery v1.8.3 from k2/assets/js is loaded and working. I tried to use latest 1.9.x, witch is not working at least on my site.

Is k2 2.6.5 supposed to be compatible with jQuery v1.9.x ?

• Knut Erik Mehus
More
11 years 6 months ago #111280 by Knut Erik Mehus
Replied by Knut Erik Mehus on topic Re: Possible bug in k2 user module
After understanding that k2 is using it's own recaptcha.php library and that it relies on jQuery to be working, I can now get it working also with jQuery 1.9.1 loaded. But you need to disable the recaptcha plugin, select "None Selected" in the Global configuration -> site. And in k2 parameters you need to put your keys.

I wish that K2 would use the default captcha selected in global options. That way you could use other recapcha modules like PlayThru recaptcha in an easy way.

I still have'nt got any recaptcha in my comments, but I don't need it enabled and have'nt tried to hard to make it work. But It seems not to be working after enabling it in k2 parameters comments tab.